06 December 2013

Roll Up, Roll Up join Diamond with her life story!!

Diamond is a brave little girl whose Dad sold her to a circus. Diamond was a major disappointment to the family being the small, bendy and dainty girl rather than the strong boy that would do them proud. When Diamond was only young unfortunately her mother died. After that day Diamond's Dad blamed Diamond and that's why he sold her.

Circus life is hard and harsh for Diamond. Mister is a mean man who threatens to whip her (and actually does sometimes) and pushes her way past her limit forcing her to do things she doesn't want to do. Despite this Diamond does make a few friends: Madame Adeline, Mr Marvel and Emerald Star, Diamond's BFF and hero. Things can get so bad at times at Tanglefield's Travelling Circus.


I LOVED Diamond sooooooooooooooooooo much - I'm a huge Jacqueline Wilson fan and I enjoyed Hetty Feather, Sapphire Battersea and Emerald Star the other books in the series. Whilst reading this book I experienced several different emotions including hope, anxiety and sadness. Also it was really gripping because I wanted to see whether Diamond would get beaten, whether Hetty would come to the show, whether they'd get Mavis back or whatever was going on in the tent at the moment.

I so recommend Diamond to anyone who likes Jacqueline Wilson's books, enjoys the circus or has read Hetty Feather, Sapphire Battersea and Emerald Star though if you're not included in these categories but your a girl aged 8-11 then I think you should consider reading Diamond.

I'd like to say a MASSIVE thank you to Lauren from Random House for sending me Diamond to review, I really adored reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!:)