1. A Year Without Autumn by Liz Kessler, girls 9+.
2. Forbidden Friends by Anne-Marie Conway, girls 9-13
3. Wonder by R.J. Palacio, girls and boys 8+
4. Artichoke Hearts by Sita Brahmachari, girls 9-11
5. Malory Towers by Enid Blyton, girls 6-9
6. How To Survive Summer Camp by Jacqueline Wilson, girls 7-10
7. Holes by Louis Sachar, boys and girls 9-14
8. Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead, boys and girls 8-10
9. The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night Time by Mark Haddon, girls and boys 10+
10. Tom Gates by Liz Pichon, girls and boys 6-9
11. Matilda by Roald Dahl, girls and boys 7-10
12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney, girls and boys 7-11
These books are in no order b.t.w. as they are all equally good (okay maybe the 1st 3 are my favourites but they're all still brilliant)!