09 April 2015

EXCLUSIVE: Interview with the creator of Ivy Pocket

Today everyone, I am lucky enough to be interviewing Caleb Krisp, the author of the newly published Anyone But Ivy Pocket (also reviewed on my blog here).
 So, without further ado, I present to you Caleb Krisp!

What inspired you to write apart a young maid with poor manners?
 
I wanted to write about a girl who said EXACTLY what was on her mind. Ivy doesn't have a
filter, which makes her a great deal of fun to write. But Ivy doesn't think she's
even slightly bad mannered, which makes the fact that she is unspeakably rude to nearly
everyone around her rather funny. I hope.
 
If you could be a character in the story, who would you be and why?
 
Definitely Ivy because even when things are rather grim, she seems to be having
a great deal of fun.
 
 
 
If you couldn't be a writer of some sort, what would you do?
 
Probably a teacher. What would I teach? Creative writing!
 
How old where you when you started writing?
 
I started writing seriously in my late teens. 
 
What are your top tips for budding writers (like myself)?
 
The only tip I can offer is to write the book you've always wanted to read. Oh and 
never give up - a writer knows they are a writer in their bones and they should
never allow anyone to convince them otherwise. Good luck!
 
 
 
What a lovely young gentleman!
 
May I thank Lizz from Bloomsbury Publishing for organizing this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!:)