20 October 2015

Love this book: Love, Aubrey

Hola Lexicans! Over the weekend I was on HOLIDAY *cue funky music* *start dancing* *remembers she isn't on holiday any more and cries* in Watergate Bay Hotel, Cornwall - IT WAS A-MAZ-ING, but that's another post! Anyway, whilst I was on holiday I was reading Love, Aubrey a book recommended to me by my best friend JE.

11 year old Aubrey is all alone. Literally. After a terrible accident claiming the lives of her dad and sister, Aubrey is broken. With all the devastation, her mum leaves the house as well. Aubrey is solitary. Until her Nan turns up. But the grief is overwhelming, and Aubrey is left in tears. And when her mum comes back, what will she do?

credits


This book is so sad, I nearly cried at several points in the book. It is beautifully written, and really gripping (I finished it, as well as one other book, in the weekend, all the spare time in the hotel I grasped was spent reading Love, Aubrey), and it is really easy to get into as well (a great opening page about cheese and TV!!). Now I'm encouraging my mum to read it as well, its a book everyone should read! No spoilers, but there is a dramatic twist at the end, which I enjoyed. I would recommend Love, Aubrey to older readers (about my age and above), particularly those who love a sad book.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely amazing, THESE are the types of books I enjoy :)

    WONDERFUL BOOK REVIEW! VERY WELL WRITTEN LEXIE :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful book! I'm going to have to read it ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Watergate bay hotel is absolutely stunning, I've been there and loved it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, 'Lexicans'.
    That is probably the coolest nickname you could have picked! I really really love it!

    I don't know this book, but it seems really interesting. Typically I don't like overly sad books, though. I'll see if I can give it a go anyway (I think I saw it in our school library).

    Great post! x Yasmine

    Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Yasmine (although due to my lack of inspiration, a blog reader made it up!).

      I would definitely recommend Love, Aubrey - it's beautiful! <3

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the review! You have a lovely blog!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lexie! Great blog! I really wanna read that book now... just letting you know I've tagged you for the 'Shopping Tag'.
    ~Maddie
    stylerighthere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)