18 February 2016

Through the good and bad

I have seen you through the good and bad
I've been flung across a room.
I've soaked up your tears.
And your smile too.

I've been your buddy when you couldn't sleep
And when you wanted a change from reality
I've been passed round and round
And sometimes been scribbled on.

You've kissed me too. Face it.
You bit me when you had too much to carry.
I've been with you everywhere.
On journeys and even on the loo.

I've been wrapped up in a box.
And met others just like me.
I've also been wrapped up in a plastic.
Which many saw me in.

---------

Can you guess what that was?






It was a book! This wasn't written about a specific book, just about a book in general (although I do understand most books aren't signed, library books, presents, been kissed AND thrown across a room all in one book).

I've always wondered about the life of a book and how (as the first line said) they've seen you through the good and bad, so I decided to write this post. If you didn't guess this because you guessed something else, what did you guess?

Hope you liked this post and I'll be back soon with more book-y related things!

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow...

    GURL, YOU NEED TO WRITE MORE POEMS!

    ~ Rukiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so cool! i loved it :)
    awesomebloggerblack.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really cool how you took a book's perspective!

    http://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! it's very good!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAN5SnpxGVs

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)