24 February 2016

WCBP 2016 + Exciting Blogger Event

Hola Lexicans! If you have been reading my blog for at least a year, you may have seen a post I did last year, which was the Waterstones Children's Book of the Year 2015 shortlist. A year later, it is now time for the 2016 version, so today I will be posting about the shortlist for those who haven't already seen it.

But first, my sister is hosting a MASSIVE blogger event, called Blogger's Got Talent, where bloggers submit a blog post from one of the categories (short story, poem/song, book review, DIY, fashion and comedy) and there are two rounds. In the first round, my sister and I will be picking some to go through to the next round, where we post the chosen posts on her blog and you guys vote for the winner. If you want to submit a post (you can submit up to two) then email it to either me at whatlexieloves{at}gmail{dot}com or my sister at unicornsnarwhalsandme{at}gmail{dot}com.

If you are a blogger (or a non-blogger, if you don't have a blog you can still submit a post), then definitely participate but remember this is just meant to be a bit of fun and not designed to make anyone upset. Check out this post on her blog for all the details.

---

Anyway, on to the post! I will be blogging about the Older Fiction category, so this is the more grown-up category, recommended for 11+, if you would like to see the Younger Fiction then you can visit their website here.

The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
The Sin Eater's Daughter 1 by Melinda Salisbury
Thirteen Days Of Midnight by Leo Hunt
Seed by Lisa Heathfield
The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson

credits


From the list, I have only read The Art Of Being Normal but I hope to get the opportunity to read the others soon. The Art Of Being Normal is an extremely thought-provoking and is about two transgender characters (it does contain some mature themes and languages throughout the book, and I would recommend for 12+). I'll definitely be doing a full review of it soon because I L-OV-ED it!

Have you read any books on the shortlist? Would you recommend them?

xxx I'll be back soon with a full review on The Art Of Being Normal and remember to enter the Blogger's Got Talent over on my sister's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!:)