28 December 2016

w o n d e r i n g s

you'll never know the psychopath sitting next to you
you'll never know the murderer sitting next to you
- Heathens by Twenty Four Pilots

Holaa Lexicans! Hope you had an amazing Christmas! At the moment, I'm feeling really negative about my blog - I haven't posted much, I haven't read anyone else's blog in WEEKS and my blog is really being pushed aside at the moment. However, I'm back today and there's no point feeling negative! This post is going to be a super rambly, ranty and hopefully somewhat deep and inspiring post ahah.

I've heard the song Heathens many many times. I didn't really know the lyrics though but when I heard my bestfriend Daisy sing those two lines (shout out to her!), they really got to me. So much so, I wanted to do a whole post based around them. But when I started to think about what direction I wanted to take this post, I realised there are so many things I could write about based off those two lines. All completely unrelated yet still provoked by the same two lines. So I'm going to write a spoonful of those thoughts today. this post is NOT going to be organised and most likely won't make sense but here we go...

Firstly, I think those words are so weird to think of. But they're true. We all have birthdays, anniversaries, religious days that are special to us personally. Most days just pass us normally, June 1st, gone. June 2nd, gone, but every so often there are days that are special to us. That we mark down on our calanders. That we get really hyped for. For me, the 25th December (Christmas). The 18th June (my birthday) etc.etc. and it's so weird how this time in years to come, it could be they day you die. it's the same with people. you could be on the train home from a meal out and be sitting next to a murderer. you could die, just like that and you'd have no idea. we know what's happened. we know what's happening. but we will never know what's going to happen. damn this is deep.


Image result for heathens twenty one pilots
credits; not mine

another thing I wanted to say was that - you don't know ANYONE through and through, in full depth except yourself. you don't know everything about anyone expect you. Everyone has at least 99 problems, and you may think 'pfff.. her life is perfect' or think that you know all her problems. You may know 1 or 2, but remember you will never know everything - so don't act like you do. From your mum, to the nerdy girl who sits opposite you in science class, to your maths teacher to a waitress in your favourite restaurant. you don't know ANYONE properly. To be honest, they could quite easily a murderer.

The last point I wanted to cover today was innocence. It sort of ties in with my first point and the idea that this time in 10 years to come could be your funeral. It is weird to think how little we actually know about our world. We don't know our purpose of life, or how we got here, or whether other life exists. Yet we believe, we believe so truly and so deeply in certain things that could what we individually believe be right? And our we really the superior species of animal? For all we know, cows could know everything... ahahah... you never know....

So this post was a bit rambly, just spilling my thoughts on those two lines of a song. This post was definitely all over the place but I hope you got something out of it. Do you agree or disagree with me? I'll be back on New Year's Eve with another post!

Xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such a deep and interesting post :-)
    And I completely agree with what you're saying, I've read about those kinds of situations a lot in books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Your post did ramble. But I think you got to a very interesting point. How well do we know another, even if that person is our friend? I think when it comes to fiends, this is where trust comes in. I can trust a friend enough, that it's okay if I don't know every little thing about her.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)