08 June 2014

'A Joy to Read', Independent (I agree): Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead

Twelve-year-old Georges moves into a new apartment and discovers a boy his age: Safer, a secret spy. Soon Georges is tracking down the mysterious Mr. X with all kinds of 'missions' including waking up at midnight and sneaking into his room. But once it gets too much for young kids Georges starts thinking; what is a game, and what is a lie???



This book is absolutely great. I was in the library and my Mum picked it up. *Sigh*. Did not look like something I wanted to read but reluctantly took it off her. Then when I had an 'Oh, I have nothing to read night' I picked it up. And I was stuck to it, literally. I probably had super-glue on my hands because I was reading, reading, reading until I'd  finished every last page. It was brilliant. There was a twist near the end which kept my jaw open for several hours (seconds)! I guessed that might happen once I got near it but I still couldn't believe.

Liar & Spy is perfect for boys and girls aged 9-11 who love exciting and unexpected twists in the book and people who loves spies and would like to be one.

2 comments:

  1. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I tried to make a great review for a great book!

      Delete

thanks for commenting!:)