15 October 2015

l o v e

L O V E

'a strong feeling of affection'

Well, at least, that's what the dictionary thinks love means.

There are a few words you just can't define. L o v e  is one of them. You can try and try again, but never find words powerful enough to describe love.

In the world, I 'love' many things: blogging, reading, writing, my pet hamster, fashion, netball, gaming, playing outside, spending time with my family.

Some I love more than others.

There are things I just simply couldn't live without, my family, friends and my blog.

Love means different things for different people.

not mine

you don't realize just how much you love something, until you don't have it
A few weeks ago, I came into my playroom to find my adorable little big hamster, Iggy not in his cage. The tunnel had been broken, and he'd escaped. All my doors were open, he could have gone ANYWHERE...

I knew I loved my hamster a lot, but I wasn't really sure just how much. Fortunately, we found my hamster alive, squashed behind one of my many bookshelves.

But it really made me think, and it wasn't an experience I ever want to relive.

Love isn't just something you want. It is something you need. If it hurts, then it isn't pure love. If you aren't sure, then it isn't pure love. But love isn't immaculate, it isn't perfect...

<3

13 comments:

  1. So so so so so so so so sweet...AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is just really amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel ashamed when I tell someone I love them for giving me a piece of their food or something. I shouldn't use that world unless I mean it.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *guilty* Love is such a strong powerful word that I often misuse. Its too beautiful to waste it on silly little things!

      Thank you M! xx

      Delete
  4. Hey Lexie! This is a beautiful post, very deep as well :) Reading this, I've realized I'm taking so many things in my life for granted, I won't know how to appreciate it until I lose them. This is a wake up call for me! Thank you for this great post x
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is beautiful, I'm glad you found your hamster! One time, I couldn't find my pet dog and I cried so hard. Eventually, we found her in our shed. I thought I lost her, lesson learned. PS: Happy late blog birthday (im sorry im like 10 days late).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! xx I cried as well, its so sad! Great you found her/him!

      Delete
  6. Aww such an inspiration but sad post. You are so lovely Lexie, well done.
    -Elsie http://the101blog101.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lexie, lovely post. You're right, we never know what we have until we've lost it.

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)