01 April 2018

Introducing My New WIP

Hi everyone! SO today is April 1, Easter Sunday (Happy Easter!), April Fool's Day and MOST IMPORTANTLY (to this post).. the start of Camp NaNo! So I realised on March 27th (whOOPS) that Camp NaNo was in 4 days and I hadn't even given it a thought. Originally I was going to do a second draft of A Coffee Shop Man (my NaNoWriMo WIP) but then, I remembered I was lowkey finding that WIP very boring, and wanted to start a new one... So 4 days before the start of Camp, I pieced together a story (that I'm actually looking forward to writing!!) and thought I'd introduce it:)

SO PRECIOUS YET SO PAINFUL is currently the name of my WIP but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the name so I'll probably change it when I think of something better;) SPYSP tells the story of Aria and Amelia, inseparable twins whose love for each other is incredible. However, when Amelia is diagnosed with bone cancer, both their worlds turn upside down. SPYSP is from the POV of Aria, and how she is coping with the pain, as well as how her relationships with friends, parents and Amelia change throughout this traumatic time. Also during this, the story focuses on how Aria is dealing with her own mental health problems, but feels like she has nobody to confide in anymore.



my WIP's board^ <3

SPYSP is a YA contemporary fiction (haha my favourite genre) and has a focus on twinship, physical vs mental health, feeling completely alone, jazz music and Jaffa cakes.. there's a lot of Jaffa cakes in this book heheheh. One of the little taglines I thought of when planning (if you could call making pretty Pinterest boards and eating Jaffa cakes planning!!) the book, was a love story without romance and I think it sums up what I'm going for with SPYSP perfectly. The story focuses a lot on the twins' love, yet it is not a romance book at all, and that's why I like that little phrase.

THE NUMBERS:
I'm aiming for 25,000 words again this month (which was my mental goal for NaNo last November, and I missed by 500 words!! Read more about that here: http://whatlexieloves.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/my-nanowrimo-2017.html) which means 834 words per day! Last NaNoWriMo I had an average of 818 words per day, but I did miss quite a few days of writing last November, which obviously brought my average down a lot. I think it should be a lot easier to write this time as a) I'm feeling really motivated with my story and b) I'm on Easter break for another week and a half, which = extra writing time!!

---

So, I hope you liked getting to know my novel a bit more!! Now i'm off to actually write it 1!1! (and eat some more Jaffa cakes). If you'd like to see some more writing-related posts, let me know:) Hope you all had a fab Easter or just regular Sunday if you don't celebrate. I'll be back soon with an April Goals/March Roundup and book review<3

Xx

10 comments:

  1. this sounds like a really cool idea! i'd love to read it one day.
    i'm doing camp nano for the first time this year and i'm kinda freaking out because *wow, a lot of writing*, but i'm enjoying it so far. :)

    - charli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ooooh good luck - hope it's going great for you so far<3

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it'll be a really good read, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh good luck with your book this April!! *sends cake and cheers you on* (I mean, speaking of cakes..JAFFA CAKE!?? That sounds amazing!) Also sibling stories are so fun to write. I just finished writing one and I'm still really in love with it. šŸ˜Anyway, hope this book behaves for you and you have a ton of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait!! aND YES JAFFA CAKES ARE SO GOOD mmmm love them!! I'm really excited, as I have close friendships with my siblings - and have always been interested in twinship, yet none of my stories have ever contained a strong sibling theme.

      Delete
  4. Camp NaNo is so fun! (Also super stressful but that's beside the point lol) I love your novel idea... my NaNo novel places a lot of importance on sibling relationships too. Good luck!!

    Hailey
    www.thehardworkingcreative.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Hailey!! Yess haha it's very stressful, particularly towards the end when I realise I'm a bit behind! Good luck to you too, hope it's going great so far xx

      Delete

thanks for commenting!:)