03 March 2019

The Best TV Shows for Families to Watch

My family and I absolutely love to watch some TV in the evenings.. and I think many other families also enjoy this. However, sometimes it can be hard to find the perfect show that everyone in your family enjoys, so today I thought I'd compile a list of The Best TV Shows for Families, ranging from Netflix sitcoms to quiz shows! Now I'm 14, my sister is 12 and my brother is 9, so some of these may not work for people with younger kids (but I will put an age rating on those, so you know).

House of Games - Richard Osman
(quiz show)

This BBC quiz show is a firm favourite amongst my family for a couple of reasons. Firstly, whilst we don't usually know the celebrities, they're always very warm and funny; as is Richard Osman. Also, the questions are quite different - things like guess the songs and guessing the number of random things (like number of cups of tea drank per day). This makes for a fun laugh, plus it means all the family can get involved.

The Good Place
(Netflix sitcom)  - 9 and above

This Netflix original is one of my all-time faves and I highly recommend. I originally just watched it by myself, but loved it so much I suggested my family watched it too. It has got quite some thought-provoking, tricky-to-wrap-your-head-around themes, like ethics and this idea of good vs evil, which may not make it suitable for younger kids - however my brother loves it. This is an absolutely hilarious show and I cannot praise it enough.

credits

Modern Family
(sitcom)

My family love Modern Family - we've been watching it for years! It's so funny, and the acting is amazing - plus it has some really good plot lines (but is still character-driven). The diversity in this show is so good as well; it represents 3 very different types of family. Also, most episodes have an underlying moral which is so sweet.

Anne With An E
(drama)

I haven't actually watched this one, but I've heard such good things about it, so I just had to include it! Anne With An E is a TV adaption of the amazing classic book Anne Of Green Gables, and it's next on our family's watchlist. Apparently it's so heart-warming + touching, and has beautiful videography.

Brooklyn 99 (12+ or mature 9+)
(Netflix sitcom)

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I rave about this show to anyone and everyone (you may have seen me mention it in quite a few blog posts hehe, including my latest post!) It is so wholesome and is so well -written - it's super witty and funny. Plus it's super diverse (contains 2 latina women, 2 black guys and 1 gay man) which shows lots of representation and it talks about lots of important topics like racial profiling and sexual assault, but in a not-too-heavy way. This does contain quite a few sexual references though, but nothing too inappropriate and most would go over a 9 year old's head!


So those are some of the best TV shows to watch with your family! We're always on the look-out for good television that's suitable and interesting for kids, so if you have any recommendations - please drop them below in the comments:) Have you watched any of these shows? What do you and your family love to watch? Was this helpful? Would you like a part2?

Lex x

3 comments:

  1. Some great suggestions here il be sure to check some out many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne with an E is extremely cringy and despite the big budget the acting of some characters were not the one - just my opinion on it, love the post tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. desi tv serials online

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)