28 May 2019

Dear 10 Year Old Me...

Hi! A couple of weeks ago was my lovely little brother's 10th birthday, so to celebrate, I thought I'd write 10 year old me a letter. Ages ago I did this and wrote future me a letter which I will read again when I'm 16 (you can check that out here), but I've never written a letter to my past self.

Hi Lex (10 year old version)

Hey! How are you:) I'm good, by the way. I'm currently in Year 10 at (school name, which I'm not going to publish on the Internet) and I really like it. I know you're in a hurry to leave (primary school name, also not sharing) but honestly embrace it!! Relax about things like homework and friendships, and enjoy the freedom, playing netball and how laidback you can be. It gets much more full-on from here!

My gorgeous lil bro who inspired this post!

You're about to go into Year 6 in a couple months, which is one of the best years you've had!! The school trip to France is so nice, and your friends are all really funny! This upcoming year is the one where you achieve so so much - particularly in terms of your blog! I don't want to spoil all the surprises (but it involves you getting Mummy, Ines and you/me an incredible hotel stay!)

You also take part in a short film this year!! It's only small and it's not a huge deal, but you get to miss a day of school and it's preetttyy cool - ask questions and really enjoy it.

Not to worry you, but in the next couple of years, you'll start feeling a bit more stressed and anxious. You're still a super happy girl most of the time, but my advice is that time makes everything better. If you're feeling stressed or going through something hard, wait it out, because trust me it will get better.

When you join secondary school, you do have a really rocky start with friendships, don't cry, just be nice to everyone and you'll find your true friends very soon. Just be prepared, your Year 7 friendship group will not be forever friends (well some will, but not all!), so don't get too excited about planning buying houses and stuff together!

WORK HARD. Definitely don't worry about the 11+ coming up (spoiler alert, you do really well!), but once you get to Year 8 and 9 in a few years, you start slacking. Please don't!! Try and motivate yourself, because, as future me talking I can assure you that you'll regret it.

You do lose your Grandad Chris in the upcoming year so spend as much time with him as possible.

Don't tell people about your blog in high school - I know you're super proud of it, and you should be (it's still going great by the way!), but you'll regret the whole world knowing haha. Maybe start telling people when you're 13/14.

Lexie, 14 (nearly 15) year old version.

PS. INVEST IN BITCOIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!:)