28 November 2018

The Best Food Gifts

Hey!! Anyone who knows me well knows that I. love. food. And as Christmas is coming up, I thought I'd compile a list of The Best Food Gifts For This Christmas (as I know that you can't really give a much better gift than food itself, plus they make such easy presents as pretty much everyone loves food!). These contain both sweet and savoury foods and include many ethical and independent businesses (which I think is really important to support). Hope you all enjoy this post and find it helpful.

bakerdays Letterbox Cake

The main thing I'll be focussing on for this post is the amazing brand bakerdays!! They did actually send me one of their cakes to try out, but all opinions are 100% my own. bakerdays sell small 5 inch cakes called their 'Letterbox Gift Cake' and they make the cutest gift. As it easily slips through a doorbox, this makes a great Christmas pressie for anyone who you don't live with, as you can just post it straight to their house. These cakes are absolutely stunning - the design is incredible. I got a thank you one for my mum and she loved it. Also the most important thing (in my greedy mind at least), the actual taste... It was so yummy! I was a little worried that because it had been shipped and moved around loads, it may not be as fresh-tasting, but it was super delicious (I'm very picky when it comes to cakes.. it has to be perfect, so I'm really happy this one succeeded). Overall, this is a beautiful and tasty cake and would make such a sweet gift this Christmas. (Also it's only £14.99 which is great for a proper, gourmet cake - none of that mass-produced, supermarket rubbish!) https://www.bakerdays.com/ Also they have 20% off atm!

Look at that design!!

Prescott's Chocolate

Ahh. Prescott's Chocolate. The world's best chocolate. (Yes, yes, I know that's a bold statement, but it's just so darn tasty). Prescott's Chocolate is an independent chocolatier based in my county (Bucks) and the lady is runs it is so lovely. I absolutely love supporting small independent businesses so if you're looking to give a chocolate-lover a present this Christmas, I highly recommend ordering from Prescott's. http://www.prescottschocolate.co.uk/

Biscuiteers

Biscuiteers is a beautiful, award-winning biscuit company and I need to make another order soon (I haven't got round to getting some in ages). They are pretty pricey, but the presentation is so so amazing (and the biscuits so yummy) that I think it's 100% worth it! https://www.biscuiteers.com/

Godminster

Now I haven't tried Godminster's food myself on this one, so I can't say with 100% certainty whether it's tasty or not, but my mum has and gave it her stamp of approval, so I trust that it's good. Godminster are a very organic and ethical brand which sell cheese and they have a lovely Christmas range herehttps://www.godminster.com/

Rubies in the Rubble

Again, Rubies in the Rubble is a brand which really prides itself on being ethical; they take veg that would be thrown away as it looks a little different (nothing's wrong with the food though, it just might be a weird shape so shops refuse to sell it) and make condiments like ketchup, relish and chutney. I think this is such a good idea, and such a great company to support, so if you know a chutney lover or a weirdo person who likes to put ketchup on everything, then check out Rubies in the Rubble for this Christmas. https://rubiesintherubble.com/

SO, there you have it - the best gifts to give to a foodie this Christmas. Have you tried any of these brands before? Has this helped at all? What foods do you love giving as presents? Let me know in the comments below:)

FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/whatlexieloves/
FOLLOW MY TWITTER: https://twitter.com/whatlexieloves
FOLLOW MY BLOGLOVIN: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/what-lexie-loves-13991946

Other Christmassy posts you may enjoy:
My Christmas Wishlist / Gift Inspo
25 Christmas Blog Post Ideas / Blogmas Inspo
Lexie x

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try some of these food gifts! Especially the Biscuiteer biscuits x

    Lucy | www.lucymary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Also such a great idea that the cakes can be sent through the letter box!

    Www.sophiapatel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The instant I saw "food", I just had to check out this post! I'm not a big fan of cake and biscuits but I really love chocolate! I'll definitely check out Prescott's. Great post! ��

    Taiwo | alifestylenerd.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss those all sound so good! I'm hungry now haha.

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a bakerdays cake for my birthday and it looked like a traditional birthday cake but im not a fan of like the jam and sponge so i had a chocolate filling inside!

    Ellie // www.thediaryofellie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foods are such a great gift! Such a fab post babe

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a foodie too. I quite like Bakerdays and I've heard a lot of great things about Biscuiteers so would love to try those myself!

    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting hungry just reading this post - sweets are so tasty!
    Emmy - https://emmysbraindump.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)