29 March 2020

Ideas Of Things To Do While In Quarantine

Wow it's been a while since I last posted. 2019 was such a disappointing year for my blog, in terms of me posting regularly, but I'm back (and thank to corona have a lot of time on my hands!). As I'm sure you all know, corona virus is taking over the globe - I hope you and your families are all safe and healthy, and if not I'm sending love to you. <3 As a result, everyone is quarantining and whilst the prospect of getting to stay at home away from school/work for a while seems exciting, I know it's going to start getting pretty boring soon. To combat this, I have created an extensive list of ideas of things to do whilst in quarantine, which will hopefully be beneficial to some of y'all. These next few weeks are a great opportunity to do something you have always wanted to do but have never had time for, so make the most of it!

- Learn a new language
I want to use this time to improve my Spanish which is currently at a very basic level and I'd love to learn BSL.

- Do full glam makeup
I love makeup but rarely have time to sit down for a good 2-3 hours and do a crazy look, so I'll def be using this time to improve my makeup skills.

- Go cycling
Remember that exercise is so important and don't let quarantining stop you doing it. I don't know what the rules are in all of your individual counties, but I know that in the UK you are allowed out once a day to exercise (inc. cycling). I love spending time on my bike, so will definitely be going for some rides over the next few weeks.



- Dye your hair
If you want to experiment on your hair with crazy colours/cuts, now is the time - if it goes wrong nobody will see it! I'm planning to try black or red at some point!!

- Start a journal/scrapbook/diary
We are currently living through crazy times and one day you'll be probably recounting this time to your children/grandchildren. So why not use your time to create a journal to write everything down as it happens!!

- Cook/bake
Of course, the first hurdle here if being able to find the ingredients you want, since all the supermarkets are selling out! But if you can find them, then why not try cooking/baking something new. I made a fridge cake today (which is super basic - only 4 ingredients) and it was so yum.

- Write!
You know that book idea that you've had for months and keep telling family you'll 'write someday'. Do it now. Sit down everyday, doesn't have to be for long, and use this opportunity to write.

- Do some yoga/meditation
These are challenging, scary times and it's okay to feel nervous. Maybe try taking some time out your day to do some meditation; I rarely meditate but think I'll try it soon.

- Download TikTok (and maybe try to get TikTok famous)
If you're feeling bored during quarantine, I almost guarantee that TikTok will fix this!! It's crazy addictive and super funny. You could even try making your own videos to see if they'll go viral.

- Practice a new hairstyle
I have wanted to know how to dutch braid hair for years now, but just haven't got round to learning how to do it. One of my aims for the next few weeks is to be able to successfully plait my hair.

- Paint!
You don't have to be an amazing artist to enjoying painting - I find it super therapeutic and love doing a bit of painting; even if I am definitely not the most talented at it!

- At home photoshoot
You don't to be out-n-about to get cool pics for the 'gram; throw on a cool outfit, set up your camera on timer and have a little photoshoot from the comfort of your own home.

- Write letters to your career idols
It's always good to have contacts in your dream industry, so you could take this time to write an email (or even a good, old-fashioned letter!) to someone doing your dream job. You can ask them how they got to where they are and if they have any advice. It's nice for them to receive, it's helpful for you and it's just always exciting to talk to new people.

- Declutter your camera roll
If you're anything like me, you probably have hundreds of completely random pics on your camera roll which you don't need that are just taking up storage. If you're bored but aren't in the mood to get up and do anything, then you can just lie on your bed and declutter your camera roll.

- Create new music playlists
I actually love sitting down and creating new Spotify playlists for all sorts of moods and occasions. I have all sorts of playlists from 'songs to play at 2am in the summer' to my 'hip-hop dance' one.

- Write a bucket list
You probably can't do most of your bucket list goals whilst stuck in quarantine, but why not create a list for when the world's back to normal. I love writing them!

So there are some of my top ideas of things to do in quarantine. I hope you all stay healthy and safe - these are tricky times, but we'll get through it. Please make sure you're following governmental rules by staying inside unless necessary Let me know what you're planning to do with all this time, and if any of my ideas were helpful!!

Lexie x

18 comments:

  1. Lovely post! 💛 So many great ideas, it’s given me more inspiration of what I could do. I’m currently planning to spend more time baking, sewing and playing Sims 4. But I might finally start writing the book I’ve been thinking about the last few months hmmm . . .

    Stay safe and best wishes,

    Emily M x

    www.princessemilym.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people are obsessed with Sims 4 right now; I think I need to buy it myself!! I'm glad you found the post helpful Emily.

      Delete
  2. love these ideas! i’m also hoping to be able to braid my hair but it’s not been going too well! it’s given me a lot more ideas on what i can do! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying and failing to do so for ages, but last night I finally nailed it so my advice is keep going!!

      Delete
  3. These are some great ideas! Definitely think I need to try a few out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these ideas! I really need to create some music playlists and perfect braiding my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I actually finally learnt how to braid last night and I'm so happy, hopefully you nail it soon as well.

      Delete
  5. Some great ideas! I've been trying to formulate some kind of routine and it is working, it's starting to feel like a new normal which I am okay with. Hope you are staying well x

    http://www.ellacharlottejones.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas, I am planning on dying my hair and creating a scrapbook and I have already started on tik tok! I actually started to declutter my camera roll today! Yoga is a great idea, i might give it a go!
    xx
    https://lifeofshar.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bsl is a great skill to have, and i would definitely recommend it!
    https://thegoodsewingproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm learning spanish too as that's my boyfriend's language. He's half dutch and half hispanic so I want to be able to communicate with him in a language that isn't just english.

    ReplyDelete
  9. late, but i'm a tween that is bored as hell in quarantine and these ideas gave me so much to do! tysm xx, and stay safe! uwu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Health Is Your Wealth
    "Protect your body with the best substances for your whole body.
    Learn how to best disease and heal with powerful healthy foods and supplements. "

    Web: https://www.moreways2makemoney.com/your-health-is-your-wealth.html

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)