07 July 2020

Dear 11 Year Old Me... (responding to a letter I wrote to myself 5 years ago)

Hey! Today's post is super exciting and one that I've been waiting to write for 5 years (literally!). So 5 years ago, I wrote a blog post called 'Dear 16 Year Old Me' (which is actually my most viewed blog post of all time!)... and for those of you who don't know, I turned 16 a few weeks ago. I thought today I would write a response to that letter, as it was really funny and weirdly emotional to read. 



**
I've copied and pasted the letter here, and then added my responses in bold.

Hello Lexie,
Hey!

I'm Lexie - but you know, the 2015 version! You'll be 16 now, and I hope you still have this little blog. Is it still called What Lexie Loves? I'm thinking about changing it at some point, but I'm not too sure! And if you aren't still blogging, you are going to load blogger.com and start a new one right NOW! Got it?

Hahaha, yes I still have WLL and it's still got the same name!!

How are you doing? I hope you haven't done anything stupid, like dyed your hair a ridiculous colour! What do you want to be when you grow up, right now I want to be a full-time blogger and reviewer, or a director, I hope you are on your way to achieving this!

I'm doing well:) We're actually currently in the middle of worldwide pandemic which is kinda crazy, but life is good (and no I haven't dyed my hair a wacky colour... yet!). I'd still love to be a full-time blogger or work in the TV/film industry as a director, but the industries I'm currently interested in are PR/communications or journalism.

If you are still blogging, how many pageviews do you have now? I'm just under 30,000!

Over 120,000 :)

I wonder if Taylor Swift is still your favourite celebrity! SHE IS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Right?

I absolutely loved reading this part of the letter, because I literally had my Taylor Swift playlist on when I first read this on my birthday. She's still fabulous and releasing amazing music.

And what about Zoella, I hope she's still YouTubing! She's probably on 15 million subscribers now! OOOH AND SHE'S PROBABLY GOT MARRIED TO ALFIE DEYES! MAYBE SHE'S HAD CHILDREN TOO!!!!

I love the all caps here... you can tell I was a big Zoella fan! She's still posting videos on her second channel and her main channel has 11 million subscribers, so not quite 15mil but still a lot!! And no, she actually hasn't got married to Alfie (although they are still together!) or had kids yet.

How's school doing? Do you still have the same best friends as now (shoutout JE, TP, EO, DB, CW, MW, MS, GW, GG, ISG, EC - and sorry if I missed you out <3), I really hope you do!
If you have a boyfriend make sure he is nice and not too overcontrolling!
I'm not super close with all those people, but 4 of them I still consider my best friends now!! I've made lots of lovely new friends as well. And nope... I don't have a boyfriend hahaha!!

Anyway, I'm going to go now, you are probably studying for your GSCEs or A-levels, or something!
Unfortunately, my GCSEs were actually cancelled because of the pandemic, so I don't have anything to study for right now (although I'm going to get started on my A-level work while I have the time!).

Bye xxxx

- Lexie, the 2015 version

Bye! - Lexie, the 2020 version.

**

So there you have my 2015 letter, and the updated responses! I hope you enjoyed reading this and hearing how my life has changed. I've got lots of super exciting posts lined up, including a gift guide and birthday haul, so watch out for them. In the meantime, check me out on Instagram: www.instagram.com/whatlexieloves

Lexie

13 comments:

  1. This is so cute to read!! And yess we love taylor swift! Didn't you get to go see her? I remember being jealous lol.

    This made me realize that I actually wrote a letter to my high school self so like I need to do a reaction video to that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crazy that you were 11 five years ago- I’m not sure if you’ll remember me or not but I had a small blog way back then (TargetGirl) and then another one called A Little Inkling- none that lasted very long or that had good content but I do remember reading your blog and adoring it! I went on to read some of my posts a few weeks ago and... yikes! Anyway it’s so cool that you’re still doing this and I got a major sense of deja-vu reading this post after reading the original all those years ago! - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! it's amazing to see the growth! i hope you had the best 16th my love! X
    mills :))
    www.bymills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, this is an amazing and such a cute idea, love it! ♥♥ It was so fun to read! I've felt inspired and I'll try to do a similar thing some day. And, happy late birthday, Lexie! :)
    Ann xx
    love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and such a great idea! I definitely want to do this.

    http://alexagmarsh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's annoying that it takes so long (5 years to be precise hehe) but it's so worth it.

      Delete
  6. Hi Lexie. Love your blog, it definitely inspired me on mine. Please check it out and tell me what you think♡

    https://grlspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lexie! This post is adorable. I loved it! I am new to your blog and thought it was so cool how I could learn more about you from this post. I love Taylor Swift and am interested in communication studies too. I started my blog this Tuesday, so it's very new, but I would love to connect and possibly work together in the future. https://realandrelatable.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. heyy..i dont know if u got my earlier comment....somehing went wrong..probably.,..anyways this is a superb idea!!!!!!
    im probably gonna do it too!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woahhh 5 years???
    This was sooo cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)