03 February 2021

Not a Lot To Say at the Moment...

I want to write blog posts, but I have nothing to say.

Well... that's not strictly true, I actually have a lot to say about a lot, but I just don't know where to begin.

This has been my thought process every time I have tried to write a blog post recently - I miss regular blogging, and I want to resurrect What Lexie Loves, but I just can't seem to eloquently articulate what I want to say. To be honest, I'm just really really fed up - lockdown 3.0 seems to have sucked all energy out of me, particularly as the little motivation I do have has to be used on my schoolwork.

So, that's why I haven't posted on here in a while. Also because I don't feel my words are providing any value anymore. Sad, I know, but my blog posts used to feel useful, interesting and unique (at least I think they were!) - now I just feel that I can't offer anything special to the online world. Every time I sit down to write a blog post, or even an Instagram caption, I just get this sinking feeling that no-one cares. Maybe it's irrational, but maybe it's a very fair assumption to make - after all I am just another basic 16 year old girl on the web.

I'm sorry to write such a short, gloomy blog post - particularly as this is my first one of 2021, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here!! I haven't permanently given up on What Lexie Loves, I just need to get over this little mental block. I am going to start posting more regularly again... I promise.

Thanks for reading this very pessimistic blog post - just wanted to keep it real! I'll be back soon!!
Lexie

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling Lexie! There have been many times where I've felt as if my words don't reach anybody or struggled to find the motivation to write. Of late, majority of my blog posts have been written the night before. I refuse to skimp on quality and will often stay up till the late hours of the morning to publish something I'm proud of but I do put off writing. It can be frustrating. I recently had a case of mental block where I couldn't seem to write anything that flowed. I was well and truly stuck but a large part of me knew why. Sometimes, you have a story to tell that needs to come out before any of your regular content can. Once I hit publish on one of my most private and vulnerable posts, I felt free once more. Just some food for thought. Sending lots of love and light your way! <33

    Maryam
    https://infinitelyadaydreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that Maryam - such a lovely + heartfelt comment... really means a lot!!

      Delete
  2. hey lexie, we do care and we want you back! what you write becomes even more special now, because in lockdown not much happens and getting an email that says you have a new post is often the best part of my day :) theres lots of cool websites that help writers block, and I hope to see you back soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so so much!! This has really made my day, and I will definitely be returning v v soon:)

      Delete
  3. heyy lexie!
    i personally know what u r going through...i went through that and i'm still trying to come back in the blogosphere. Even though my situations were a bit different i can relate!Take your time and return when u r ready! Sending some good vibes for u!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.. It is quite difficult to come up with original content while blogging these days—but you've done it for... 7 years now? That's absolutely mindblowing! Yes you can, and yes you will come back! Sending warm wishes ♥

    —Maya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maya - yes 7 years!! I am about to start drafting a new blog post now, thanks for the motivation <3

      Delete

thanks for commenting!:)