07 October 2020

Happy 7th birthday to What Lexie Loves...

Today's post is such an exciting and crazy one for me, as today is my blog's SEVENTH birthday..... When I started blogging at 9 years old, I never ever imagined that seven years later, I would still be over here in my little corner of the web. Creating What Lexie Loves was one of the best decisions I have ever made - the last 7 years of my life really wouldn't be the same without it. Blogging has brought me some of the best memories, friends, opportunities and experiences I could ever dream of and I am so so grateful to everyone who has ever supported this little blog.

For today, I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane, so I've decided to share some of my old blog designs and blog posts! 

I've spent ages going through my blog's old posts (and there are a lot - 344!!!), and I've selected seven of the cringiest, cutest, weirdest or just downright confusing posts. I cringed so much reading these, so I can't quite believe I'm going to link them for you to all easily find, but just remember that I was aged between 10/11 for all of these!

https://whatlexieloves.blogspot.com/2015/12/hola-lexicans-today-i-have-written.html - This post contains a little poem that 11 year old me wrote and besides the incorrect and misleading use of italics (what was the point of them haha?!), I lowkey like this one!!

https://whatlexieloves.blogspot.com/2015/10/l-o-v-e.html - This post was an incoherent rambling about love, after our hamster escaped from its cage (don't worry we found him at the time, although he's obviously passed away now). This was an.. interesting.. one for me to reread!

https://whatlexieloves.blogspot.com/2015/10/i-live-for.html - This was a cute post and most of it still applies to me now to be honest.

https://whatlexieloves.blogspot.com/2015/09/autumn-fall.html - This one is short but sweet, and obviously very topical seeing as it is currently autumn.

https://whatlexieloves.blogspot.com/2015/09/me-lexie.html - This post makes me cringe SO MUCH!!! The line 'QUIRKY! :D' really made me giggle, as it sounds so sarcastic but I just know that at the time I meant it seriously.

https://whatlexieloves.blogspot.com/2015/02/yay-yay-yay-yay-yay.html - I feel bad laughing at this post as I just know how happy I was while writing it, but the writing style is hilarious and so informal in this. It's so cute how proud I was to hit 10k all-time pageviews though, I wonder how little Lexie would feel about the fact that I've now hit over 130k!

https://whatlexieloves.blogspot.com/2016/02/through-good-and-bad.html - To be honest, I'm pretty proud of how creative this post was, considering I was only 11!


Those are 7 of the many random blog posts I have written over the years - if you go to check some of them out, let me know, but don't judge me!!


I also recently found out about a website called Wayback Machine, which shows past designs of a website. It was just the other day that I was thinking about all the layouts I've had for What Lexie Loves over the years, and I was so happy to find the website. I know for a fact that it's missed a few, but here are the ones that it had recorded.


My blog's first ever layout!!


Similar to the OG one, but the pages tab is different, and I obviously switched the name a little bit!


I actually loved this design hahaha - I kind of miss it!


Very similar to my current one - although the tabs are different. I actually way prefer those tabs to the boring ones I have now, but I couldn't change them around easily which was annoying.


I've had this current design for years now, and honestly I want a new one!! I used to have lots of blogger friends on here who were happy to help me with them, but now most of them have left the blogosphere and I'm so clueless on designs!! But yes, those are a few of the many designs What Lexie Loves has had.

---

Thanks so much for reading this post and for supporting What Lexie Loves. Being a teen blogger is so fun, and whilst its time-consuming, I always feel proud of everything I've posted on here. Blogging has taught me so much, from writing to email ettiquette, from social media to knowing your worth. Thank you for all the love + support. Cheers to 7 years.

Lexie x


12 comments:

  1. Hey Lexie!! I really like your blog and I have a suggestion/question...Where can I see the date on which you published your post? It just says Wednesday or the day on which you posted it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for commenting - I have actually now changed it so you can see the date, thanks for the suggestion:)

      Delete
  2. happy 7th birthday what lexie loves! i can't believe you've been doing this since the age of 9 that's incredible! here's to many more years :))

    mills | www.bymills.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you mills - yes it's been such a long time haha!!!

      Delete
  3. WOW 7 YEARS!! That's crazy!! I just started my blog lol, I can't imagine being at 7 years!!
    btw I just found your blog and I love it. Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! 7 years is literally UNBELIEVABLE! I literally just started blogging and you're a big inspiration :D Happy Birthday, BTW! I think I'm gonna binge-reading your posts right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to seven years! I am a bit late for the actual blog birthday date, but congratulations! That is such an incredible accomplishment and I look forward to seeing where the future takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this I am soon approaching my four year bloggiversary. I am also a teen blogger. I message you on insta to connect since I am having a hard time finding teen bloggers to connect with! Cannot wait to see your blog continue to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, seven years! I love your blogs and I just started. I hope mine will continue for as long as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is AMAZING!! woah, seven years?
    My favourite posts were letter to 16 yo me and replying to 11yo me. It was so cool!!
    Happy 7th bday!!
    ~Evin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I don't know what to say! I had an idea for my blog post, and found this one on the internet! You're inspiring and you seem really passionate about your blog. =D

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!:)